It’s a cold snowy day here and came across this recipe to try.
- 5 pounds russet (baking) potatoes, wash (don’t peel). Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes.
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and diced
- other garnishes: shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream
- Line baking sheet with foil and cook off bacon in oven, let cool then chop up.
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, bacon, seasoning, and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup with an immersion blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended.
- Stir well, top bacon and other garnishes.
Yields about 10-12 servings.
Adapted From: Mama Loves Food!
Leave a Reply