- 8 oz (226g) butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 cups (250g) flour
- 11oz (312g) butter (2 3/4 sticks), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (250g) packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup (170g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup (168g) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 13″x9″ pan with parchment or butter and foil.
- Toast pecans and chop chocolate.
- Chop butter into pieces and mix with sugar.
- Add egg yolks and combine, one at a time.
- Gradually fold in flour until just mixed.
- Press dough into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set and golden brown.
- Let cool completely while you make the brownie top!
- Chop butter into pieces and mix with sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and combine, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet until mixed.
- Add pecans and chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour onto top of cooled toffee bottom.
Bake for 45-50 minutes until set.
Let cool, and remove from pan.