- 6 cups assorted fruits (e.g. mango, pineapple, cantaloupe, and apricot), sliced or cubed)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur, e.g. Cointreau
- 1 bottle crisp white wine, e.g. Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- In a large bowl or pitcher, combine fruit, ginger, basil or mint, and orange liqueur. Mash gently with the back of a wooden spoon until basil is bruised and fruit releases juices. Add wine and lemon juice and stir to combine. Refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 1 day). To serve, fill eight glasses with ice and top with sangria. Serves 8.